Media Design | Creative Content Development | Visual Communication
New York University Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Bachelor of Arts in Social Research and Public Policy, May 2020
Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts Practice, May 2020
Overseas School of Colombo, Colombo, Sri Lanka
International Baccalaureate, June 2016
Relevant Courses: Higher Level: History, Language and Literature, and Visual Arts
Media Designer, Lab for Narrative Technologies and Spatial Installations, NYUAD, January 2018-present
- Conducting research on devices and design for environmental, historical and narrative projects in the UAE.
- Conceptualizing and executing environmental, editorial and aesthetic design projects.
- Working out of the engineering department, the work surrounds front-end development on programmed and engineered products.
Design and Communications Assistant, NYUAD’s Office of Community Outreach, NYUAD, 2017-18
- Assisting with the development of outward and inward facing media, including language use and design
- Designing promotional materials for the office, i.e. posters, banners, logos, letters etc.
- Working on the office newsletter: writing, editing, designing
Creative and Editorial Intern, ARTRA Magazine, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2017
- Attending/Covering art events and managing social media ensuring increased public participation
- Writing articles, considering the viewpoints of the editor and previous audiences’ receptions
- Conceiving motives and content while editing articles.
- Designing magazine spreads and social media content, including still images and videos
- Communicating with artists and personalities, extracting content for the magazine
Marketing Designer, TEDxNYUAD 2017, NYUAD, Abu Dhabi, 2017
- Designing logos and motifs to be used in publications
- Designing Posters and pamphlets for event marketing
- Working collaboratively with the TEDx marketing team
Ecoherence (Sustainability Group) Board Member, NYUAD, Abu Dhabi, 2016-2017
- Working collaboratively with staff and faculty alongside off-campus stakeholders
- Promoting environmental sustainability through discussion with members and the community
- Planning events to educate the community
- Implementing policy throughout campus by navigating campus bureaucracy
- Providing design and communications support
Chief Designer and Editor, Yearbook Student Organization, 2013-16
- Producing yearbook ideas, themes and designs
- Designing pages in the yearbook, including cover
- Organizing, editing, and managing other individuals’ work
- Collaborating with a team to produce a legitimate campus wicampus-wideion
- Proficient in Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Proficient in Microsoft: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Fluent in English
- Conversational knowledge of Sinhala and Spanish